1/30/2006

take my pictue by the pool...cause i'm the next big thing!


So my last trip of this oh-so-busy month was the best. I went to Los Angeles for the first time. And I didn't just go to star-gaze or see the sights (though I did spot Hilary Swank at the Broadway Deli in Santa Monica). No, the reason for my trip was much more exciting...I went to visit a "special" friend, Paul (who, if you read this blog, you've probably already heard about).

My first activity of the weekend was a walking tour of the UCLA campus, where Paul is on staff with CCC. Nice campus, and the weather was great. (NOT cold Paul!)

On Saturday we got a little reminder of our childhood and went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It was so much fun, and I agree with Paul that X was the best roller coster there. It was so nice to be at a park and not be dying of heat exhaustion, which was always my experience growing up going to Six Flags over Texas in the summer.

Following a full day of rides, we settled down and went to see Glen Phillips live at Largo. It was such an amazing show. I hadn't listened to Glen much before this, but Paul loves his stuff and said it would be a great show. The boy doesn't lie! Though, the chick that opened for Glen definitely created an awkward moment with one highly inappropriate song. That aside, it was a really fun evening. Thanks Paul!

I'm guessing that's about enough. I should be home in Austin for a while now. It's good to be back, not living out of a suitcase. So until the next post, I leave you with some commemorative music:

Weezer-Beverly Hills

Download the concert to share in my experience: Glen Phillips live at Largo 1/21/06

No comments: