8/02/2005

CAUTION: long road trips can be hazardous to your intelligence

I just returned to Austin on Friday from Colorado. I was only on the road for about 4.5 hours on Friday, but Thursday I drove for about 15 hours straight. Now I don't claim to be that intelligent even on normal occasions, but I know this: that much driving can really mess you up. I definitely felt like a zombie when I got home...and I'm pretty sure zombies don't have it all together. I don't remember everything about the trip (I don't think zombies have good memories either), but I do remember a few less than impressive moments. To give you a little taste, here are a just a few things that came up in conversation between me and Erin: female horse man, travel gas, backwards panties & tiny hiney (AKA my niece and nephew), and an unknown town called Toast...or possibly Post.

At least we had good music!

3 comments:

kimmie said...

Welcome back, Trina! Glad you enjoyed your retreat :) I don't think I want to know what backwards panties are...

mattclack said...

The Island was goooooooooood.

Trina said...

it was quite fascinating, but the adults being birthed from a bag was just sickening.