6/22/2005


I went to my neice's 3rd birthday party this past weekend. It was a "strawberry" party...don't ask me why a 3 yr old would want a party themed after a fruit. There were lots of games and plenty of My Little Ponies unwrapped. But the real fun came post-party. I kept my niece and nephew overnight while my sister and brother-in-law went out to celebrate his birthday. After a long night of interrupted sleep, Halle wakes up at 7:30 to tell me her tummy is upset and she needs to "spit." I soon found out that she wasn't lying and "spit" is a nice 3-year-old way of saying puke. And to keep it interesting, the spit happened in several places in the house...hallway, living room, kitchen, couch, bathroom, leg. It was fantastic. But she felt better by late afternoon, so all is well. So I've been broken in to the realities of parenthood on a whole new level now. Despite the mess, I think it's worth it.

No comments: