I'm a total nerd and absolutely love watching documentaries. I love learning about real people and places through story. And I'd rather see it than just read about it. I think that's why I'm so drawn to this genre. There are so many things in the world that I may never encounter personally, but these are real experiences for many others. Thankfully, there are people out there whose job it is to tell us all about it. So, since discovering hulu a couple of years ago, a whole new world of documentaries has opened up to me. We don't have cable (and didn't even own a tv until this year), so the internet is my only access to shows like Vanguard. You may recall about a year ago (or something like that) when 2 journalists were captured in North Korea. They were working for Vanguard. Anyway...it's not perfect. You may not agree with everything. It may be biased...we all are. If you are going to be a learner of people, you need to know where they are coming from and how they think. Watch and then think for yourself. I know I've learned a lot and been entertained. So now I'm encouraging you to do the same.
Here is one of my favorite episodes to start you off:
No comments:
Post a Comment