12/08/2005

We Are Incapacitated!

What is our problem? Why can't we handle a little ice and cold weather? Maybe a few folks from Wisconsin or Michigan, or any of about 30 or so other states, should come down and teach us how to do it. On the other hand, it's kind of nice that everything shuts down at the slightest sign of bad winter weather. Get out of school, get out of work, stay home in the warmth and sip hot tea...I can handle this. The one thing I apparently cannot handle is walking on ice. I totally busted my butt on the sidewalk outside my apartment this morning, phone, computer bag, and Dr. Pepper flying everywhere. I fell in pretty much the same exact position as this poloar bear. It was beautiful. Wish you could have been there to see it. So those of you who do know what your doing and think we are ridiculous, you're right. But just except it and enjoy the time off.

In the meantime, you should probably practice your ice-driving skills.

3 comments:

mkw said...

That's one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time --where did you find it? . . . also, sorry you seem to have reenacted it.

hlw said...

ha!

kimmie said...

Ha - love the picture. However, I read your title too quickly and thought it said "We are emancipated!!" and the I kept trying to figure out what this polar bear had been freed from. Oh well, funny stuff. Glad you enjoyed the ice :) but I'm sorry to hear abot your fall. You still in 1 piece!? WE WANT TRINA (yeah).

Oh, and did you see "Next time on Alias?" Rumor has it the man is back...